On March 30th at 1pm EST/10am PST Michael Maher will be speaking to real estate professionals on how to win in the generosity generation. But what is the generosity generation? The generosity generation refers to a group of individuals who practice the habit of giving freely without expecting anything in return. People who fall into the generosity generation can offer thoughts, talk, talent, treasure, or time to aid someone in need. In fact, generosity is considered among the top 11 Crucial Consumer Trends for 2011 according to TrendWatching.com. Not only is it a widely accepted desirable trait in society, but it’s quickly becoming a crucial trend in business too.
TrendWatching.com shared that 86% of global consumers believe that businesses need to place at least equal weight (if not more weight) on society’s interests as they do on business interests. And, according to Young & Rubicam, 71% of people make it a point to buy brands from companies whose values are similar to their own.
How can the generosity factor apply to your business? It’s simple — start by giving back and build your business based on loving people. Here are a few tips on how you can do that:
- “FREE LOVE,” which is the giving of valuable stuff that is available to consumers online and offline. Your “free love” doesn’t have to be actual, tangible items. It can be advice through phone calls or education sessions, or it can be highlighting charitable work you or others have done in the community.
- “PERKONOMICS,” which is the giving of perks and/or privileges for consumer business or loyalty. Do you have a referral program? Real estate agents love referrals, but how many of them reward those clients who have sent them additional business?
- “TRYVERTISING” is the ‘try before you buy’ campaign, which allows consumers to test out your services so that they can make up their minds based on their experience. Offer free advice (such as through Q&A communities) so that consumers can see how knowledgeable you are. If you worked hard to locate a property for someone without being their representative, I bet they’d consider how hard you would work for them if you represented them.
- “RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS (RAK)” can range from picking up the tab to sending a surprise gift to loyal customers. This tactic is pretty self explanatory. Everyone likes to receive a little bit of kindness each day; you can be a part of that.
- And finally, the “(F) RIGID NO MORE” is about treating your customers the way you would like to be treated. Gone is the approach that it has to be done a certain way, on a certain time frame, or through a certain platform. Becoming more flexible will give you a huge leg up in the mindset of this generation.
Nobody will stand out in the market if perceptions are that nobody seems to care. Imagine a new way of doing business where you actually meet with people one on one and show them how much you care about them. Build a successful, thriving business by gifting and giving back to people. Not only does it create SMART business, it brings back the FUN in real estate (or in any field where referrals are key!)
For more tips on how to incorporate the generosity generation into your real estate marketing efforts, be sure to register for Wednesday’s FREE webinar!
Photo Source: Gift, CreativeTools