One of the most complex and significant financial events in peoples’ lives is the purchase or sale of a home, which is why it is crucial to call upon the expertise of a Real Estate professional. According the National Association of REALTORS®, 84% of homes are sold with the help of a real estate agent and there is a reason why.
- A real estate agent will give you vital negotiation power. Every real estate transaction includes the inevitable negotiations on both sides to come to a final agreement. A real estate professional can help negotiate a sales price, financing, contract terms, closing date, repairs, inspections and more.
- Getting to the closing table. Closing coordination can get complex and chaotic. A real estate agent can help you settle the required paperwork and processes to close. Also to ensure that the title comes back clear, a professional is the best person to help resolve questions and issues surrounding the settlement.
- A real estate agent markets your property properly. Most people don’t realize that how much money agents spend on marketing. Agents have the venues to advertise your property not only to the public but to other agents as well. A real estate agent distributes all listings through the MLS (Multiple Listing Service) to other professionals. A lot of agents market their listings on popular real estate websites, newspapers, and magazines, conduct open houses and use other media. An agent knows how to get the right people to see your home.
- Save Time and Money A real estate agent will help to manage all showings and offers.He or she also will make sure that only qualified buyers come to see your house.
- Setting the right price. One of the first things a real estate agent presents to a seller is comparables based on current market trends and recent sales in a given area. This is the basis for the agent’s recommended list price. Setting the right price is crucial in home sales because an inflated asking price can turn away buyers. And according to the National Association of REALTORS®, sellers who use a real estate agent receive on average 20 percent more for their homes than those who sell their own homes.
- Help with home inspection coordination. An agent can help to ensure buyers and sellers come to terms on what repairs are needed. Also, an agent knows skilled and qualified contractors to get the work done right and for the right price.
- Getting Preapproved. A real estate agent can help put you in touch with the right mortgage lenders to get you the best rate.
- Neighborhood Demographic Information. Most are knowledgeable about the areas you are looking to buy. They have the right resources to get you the information you need, such as, utilities, zoning, schools and much more.