For more media information:
Ivette Faulkner/sydney weaver-bey
The Zimmerman Agency • (850) 668-2222
“Powered by Homes.com” Brings Branded Real Estate Listing Solutions to Media Outlets
Customizable listing sites now available to media outlets
Norfolk, VA (Aug. 29, 2012) – Leading real estate listing service Homes.com has launched the “Powered by Homes.com” platform, a media solution and easy-to-use product which offers media outlets access to Homes.com and ForRent.com classified real estate listings. The new feature lets media partners integrate Homes.com into their existing site. This platform is easy to implement, free of charge and also offers revenue opportunities for partners.
The highly customizable add-on is co-branded to match existing sites and gives partners control over the page’s appearance. Partners can make edits and incorporate elements of their websites, creating a seamless transition from the outlets’ sites to the listings.
Key benefits of “Powered by Homes.com” include:
- The plug-and-play tool is simple to implement, allowing partners exclusive access to the Homes.com real estate classified network comprised of 4 million listings, including almost 20,000 apartment listings from ForRent.com.
- Affiliate control panel allows partners to edit and incorporate elements of their websites into the co-branded platform.
- Search widgets where users can conduct a real estate or rental search from the media outlet website.
- Opportunity to generate revenue from the affiliation, including the ability to incorporate media partners’ display advertising networks, allowing them to generate revenue on a site hosted by Homes.com.
- Homes.com controls the listing display to ensure content displays accurately and represents the listing broker and agent fairly by applying the same data quality assurance process used on Homes.com. This ensures that media partners receive and display only the most accurate listing data.
“Continuing to provide top-of-the-line products and tools to media partners, agents and consumers is our mission at Homes.com,” said Brock MacLean, executive vice president of Homes.com and For Rent Media Solutions. “The partnerships give consumers access to millions of classified real estate and rental listings across the country. It’s just another way we extend ourselves as a partner through every life phase, making the search for homes and rentals easy and convenient. We’re looking forward to continued success with the “Powered by Homes.com” platform and expanding partnership opportunities with outlets across the country.”
The first major media outlet to utilize the program is Landmark Community Newspapers, LLC. With more than 50 publications across the country, LCNI is thrilled with the opportunity to offer its readers an additional resource – real estate listings.
“The ability to expand and upgrade our real estate sections with this added feature on our online newspaper sites at no cost is very important to us.” said Dan Sykes, executive vice president of Landmark Community Newspapers. “Their ongoing support is excellent, which allows us to focus on revenue opportunities available with the Powered By Homes.com platform.”
As one of the nation’s top online real estate destinations, Homes.com inspires consumers to dream big. From affordable houses to luxurious estates, condos, apartments and more, Homes.com features more than four million property listings and a user-friendly format, making finding your next home or a licensed real estate agent easy. Visitors to the Homes.com blog will find a collection of rich content and posts on DIY projects, painting, gardening and more, providing the ultimate resource for everything home related. From purchasing a first home, to upgrading, downsizing and everything in between, Homes.com is an inspiring and engaging partner in every phase of the home-buying process. For more information, visit www.homes.com or blog.homes.com.
Homes.com is a division of Dominion Enterprises, a leading marketing services and publishing company headquartered in Norfolk, Virginia. For more information, visit www.dominionenterprises.com.