Creating fresh, unique content is an important part of growing your social media audience. However, coming up with new content ideas can be hard! Instead of spending hours trying to come up with new ideas for your social sites and blog, check back with us each month for a list of ideas you can expand upon. Find November’s topics below to get started!
*Tip: When you mention local businesses in your content, tag them socially or send them a link. If you’ve mentioned them in a positive way, there’s a good chance they’ll share your content with their audience.
Holidays and Occasions
Some of the many month-long observances in November include National Diabetes Month, Child Safety Protection Month, Native American Heritage Month, and National Novel Writing Month. Here are some other things happening this November and some content ideas you can create around them.
- Daylight Savings time ends – November 4th
- Humorous memes
- Best breakfast places
- Explain why we have daylight savings time
- Veteran’s Day – November 11th
- Explain veteran mortgage benefits
- Places offering veteran discounts
- Organize a care-package collection event
- Thanksgiving – November 22nd
- Write out a sample Thanksgiving menu with links to recipes
- Restaurants open on Thanksgiving
- Share what you’re thankful for
- Small Business Saturday – November 24th
- Best small business deals/sales
- Highlight a local business owner
- Organize a small business scavenger hunt
Holiday content is great, but be sure to mix in plenty of general-interest topics to keep your content well rounded.
- Best place to go for brunch
- Your favorite bakery
- Most popular books at your local library
- How to be a good neighbor
- How to find your voting location
- How to protect your home while you’re out of town
- Local art exhibits
As a real estate professional it’s important for you to discuss real estate topics on your blog and social networks. Some topics that may appeal to your audience include:
- How to rent your home
- Setting up a guest bedroom
- Holiday Decorations for Thanksgiving
- Property taxes
- How to conduct a final walkthrough
- Most popular reasons to buy instead of rent
We hope some of these ideas are helpful and make it easier to reach your content-creation goals! If you need more help or just don’t have the time to build your online presence, check out Homes.com Social Fuel.