Grow your social media audience and attract more blog followers by creating fresh, unique content for your audience. If you need some help coming up with content ideas, we’ve got you covered! Check back each month for a list of content ideas you can write about. Find May’s topics below to get started.
*Tip: Engaging with your followers’ posts on social media is a good way to stay top of mind.
Holidays and Occasions
Some of the many month-long observances in May include Asian/Pacific American Heritage Month, Graduation Month, Skin Cancer Awareness Month, and National Physical Fitness and Sports Month. Here are some other things happening this May and some content ideas you can create around them.
- Cinco de Mayo – May 5th
- History of Cinco de Mayo
- Local events/specials
- Party planning tips
- Mother’s Day – May 13th
- Raise money for a family in need
- Offer free Mother’s Day portraits at your office/listing
- Post a photo of you and your mom
- Memorial Day – May 28th
- History of Memorial Day
- Information about care-package programs for troops
- Go live to host a Moment of Remembrance at 3:00 p.m.
- Summer Vacation
- Local swimming holes
- Summer staycation ideas
- Volunteer opportunities around town for kids/teens
Holiday content is great, but be sure to mix in plenty of general-interest topics to keep your content well rounded.
- Plants that repel mosquitos
- Pet friendly businesses
- Garden shows/where to see flowers
- Adopt a highway – share the news
- Spring cleaning checklist
- DIY living wreath
- Host a landscaping seminar
- What’s new in your city
- Highlight a historic building/location
As a real estate professional it’s important for you to discuss real estate topics on your blog and social networks. Some topics that may appeal to your audience this May include:
- Different house types
- Stages of the home-buying process
- Knowing when to downsize
- Things to look for during a walkthrough
- How to qualify for a VA loan
- Encourage subscription to your newsletter
- Interview a builder about benefits of new construction homes
We hope some of these ideas are helpful and make it easier to reach your content-creation goals! If you need more help or just don’t have the time to build your online presence, check out Homes.com Social Fuel. It’s a service designed to help you get more leads, likes, and a stronger online presence to help you connect with buyers and sellers.