If you want to make an impact and grow your presence online, creating fresh content for your blog and social media channels is a great place to start. Unfortunately, coming up with content topics can be hard! Instead of racking your brain trying to come up with content ideas, check back each month for a list of ideas you can expand upon. Find June’s topics below to get started!
*Tip: Repurposing your old content in new ways can result in great resources for your clients and save you time since you aren’t starting from scratch.
Holidays and Occasions
Some of the many observances in June include Adopt a Cat Month, Alzheimer’s & Brain Awareness Month, National Candy Month, and Graduation Month (along with May). Here are some other things happening this June and some content you can create around them.
- Summer – June 21st to Sept. 22nd
- Foods you wouldn’t normally think to grill
- Best bike paths
- Summer childcare options
- World Environment Day – June 5th
- Show off a community garden
- Share a list of energy-saving tips
- Crafts/projects that use cans or plastic bottles
- Father’s Day – June 17th
- Ask followers to share how they found out they would be dads
- Start a poll to find how many dads got ties, tools, or socks
- Share a fond memory of you and your dad. Ask followers to do the same.
- Take Your Pet to Work Day – June 22th
- Take your pet to work – share pictures
- Poll how many people bought or want to buy a house for their pet.
- List of donation items local animal shelter currently or frequently needs
Holiday content is great, but mixing in plenty of general-interest topics will help keep your content well rounded.
- Book or audio book recommendations
- Local campsites
- Hobby guide/things to try this summer
- Top 10 local hotspots for millennials/kids/singles/etc.
- Rate/review golf courses and clubs
- Places with the best senior discounts
- Schedule of events for any popular gathering places in town
- Highlight a local artist or craftsperson
While you don’t want everything you post to be a real estate centric topic, these pieces are an important part of a well-rounded content strategy. Some topics you might want to cover in June include:
- Picture of you hosting an open house, putting up a sign, etc.
- Condos vs. townhouses vs. single family homes
- Showcase your niche
- Summer home buying guide
- Things to consider before buyers submit an offer
- New developments/neighborhoods
- The best luxury homes currently up for sale
If you need more content topics, be sure to check our archives for previous suggestions. If you don’t have time to create new content and build your online presence, check out Homes.com Social Fuel to find out how our social media experts can help.