As we handle the day to day running of our lives and businesses in a time where the everyday has been thrown out the door, some people find themselves missing tasks that they thought of as a burden, like door knocking or grocery shopping. However, times of adversity are often when we see the best from the people in our communities.
Even while members of our communities are looking for ways to distance themselves from one another physically, we’re also looking for new ways to connect with one another. In the coming weeks, we’ll see people leverage their technology to network and communicate with their friends, family, and business contacts more than ever before. Here are a few tools and resources you can use to thrive personally and professionally in these unpredictable times.
Many small businesses are putting a hold on their operations or cutting back hours, and that is an option for real estate agents too, but with interest rates down, now is a great time to buy. Luckily, there are ways to generate leads and manage your clients without meeting with them in person.
Social media is one of the most effective tools to communicate with your current leads and past clients. Here are some ways you can generate business and stay in touch with your contacts by growing your social media presence.
- Join a new social media platform.
- Create a social media content calendar.
- Add past clients as friends on social media.
- Reply to 1-2 of each friend’s posts per month.
- Host a virtual open house or listing tour.
- Advertise a free eBook or resource for buyers/sellers.
- Create a group for buyers, sellers, renters, a niche, or your geographic farm.
- Go live! Make a video with local news and updates.
We express ourselves through words, tone, emphasis, facial expressions, and body language, so only meeting with people via chat, text, or phone calls will often leave you missing out on important parts of the communication process. Luckily, video conferencing and video calls are easily accessible and easy to use. Facebook Messenger, Google Hangouts, and countless other tools are available to help you connect with people from afar.
You can use these tools via your smartphone or video-enabled tablet, but you may also find it worthwhile to invest in a web camera if you don’t already have one.
Smartphones are rarely far from their owner, making them a good go-to communication method. However, many people prefer not to talk to people on the phone. That’s why texting is gaining popularity as a way to reach someone. Here are some occasions you can text your past clients to stay top of mind in case they get ready to buy or sell again or want to send you a referral.
- Anniversary messages – Message them each year on their closing anniversary to check in and see how they’re liking their home. Create an anniversary calendar to help you keep track of dates.
- Birthday message – If you struck up a friendship with your client, why not wish them a happy birthday?
- Important news – Are you writing an article for one of your past client’s HOA newsletters? Let them know to look for it in their next newsletter.
If you don’t already send your client important documents through a secure signing site like DocuSign, now is a great time to start. These sites allow your client to sign legal documents from their computer so they don’t have to meet up with you in person.
Active lead generation is a great way to fill your funnel, but you should also capture leads who are looking for an agent or real estate advice online. Here are some ways you can attract new leads to your business.
- Host a buyer/seller webinar. Create an ongoing webinar series or a repeating webinar on a popular topic to inform local buyers and sellers on a topic and answer questions. As your webinar gains popularity, you’ll start being seen as the local expert and attract more business organically.
- Implement lead-generation strategies on your website. Does your website have lead capture forms and useful information? Is it easy to navigate? If not, take some time to improve your websites so it can help you attract and capture new business.
- Build your SEO. Make sure your website is showing up in search results. Pick some keywords that pertain to your business and write relevant content on those topics for your website. Download the free SEO Simplified eBook for more SEO tips.
When you want to improve your business, those who’ve already walked the path are a valuable source of insight. With years of experiences and knowledge of the business, they’re often willing to share their secrets to help other agents get ahead. Here are some ways to tune in.
One of the most popular methods experts share their advice is through podcasts. But with thousands of real estate podcasts to choose from, which ones should you listen to? Here are ten of our favorite podcasts for real estate agents.
Join social groups like the Secrets of Top Selling Agents Facebook Group to share your story, ask for advice, and stay updated about the latest tools, tips, and resources to keep your real estate business running in the current market.
Daily Facebook Live Videos
Each day, during the week of March 23, real estate’s top experts and industry leaders will be sharing their advice and answering questions via Facebook Live.
Text “SECRETS” to 313313 to get a daily text reminder before each event.
Monday 3/23 at 1:00 PM/EDT
“Coronavirus Listing Presentation Cancellations: Don’t Panic, Just Do This Instead”
Featuring the Broker and CEO of the Betts Realty Group, Barbara Betts
Tuesday 3/24 at 1:00 PM/EDT
“7 Ways to Prospect in Uncertain Times”
Featuring Real Estate Broker, Consultant and Real Estate Educator, Jim Remley
Wednesday, 3/25 at 2:00 PM/EDT
“Navigating Real Estate in Any Market Condition”
Featuring National Real Estate Coach, Sherri Johnson
Thursday 3/26 at 1:00PM/EDT
“How to Brush Up Your LinkedIn Skills While Quarantined”
Featuring Keynote Speaker & Author, Marki Lemons-Ryhal
Friday 3/27 at 1:00 PM/EDT
“How to Thrive, Not Just Survive, in the Turbulent Times”
Featuring President of Real Estate Champions, Dirk Zeller
Join the Secrets of Top Selling Agents Facebook Group to participate in the daily Facebook live videos and to connect with other agents across the country. Join today!