Homes.com “Homes.com Success Story” Contest Rules
How to play:
- Click the link found in the contest email message (https://marketing.homes.com/?p=126337)
- Then fill out your information on the entry form to be entered to win.
- One (1) randomly selected prize winner will receive $250
JUDGING: Contest finalists will be randomly selected.
The total list of all participants who have completed the entry form with their Homes.com Success Story between September 20, 2012, 09:02 a.m. EDT and October 1, 2012, 09:02 a.m. EDT will be eligible. The lucky prize winner will receive a $250 VISA® gift card. Good luck!
Please read these Official Rules before entering this Promotion (“Homes.com Success Story”). By participating in the Promotion, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements below.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS PROMOTION.
1. Eligibility. The Promotion is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States or District of Columbia, age 18 or older (or the age of majority in entrant’s state of residence), and if asked, you are to provide an affidavit of eligibility following the drawing. If you do not meet these requirements or any other eligibility requirements in these Official Rules, you are not eligible to win a prize, and Homes.com reserves the right not to award prizes to you. Employees and their immediate family (parent, child, sibling and spouse of each) and individuals residing in the same household (whether or not related) of Homes.com®, United Advertising Publications, Inc., or Dominion Enterprises, and any of their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and all other entities or individuals associated with the development, administration, or fulfillment of the Promotion (collectively, the “Entities”) are not eligible to win. The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
2. Promotion Period. The Promotion starts at 09:02 a.m. (all times Eastern Daylight Time) on Aug 19, 2012 and ends at 09:02 a.m. on October 1, 2012 (all times Eastern Daylight Time). All entries must be received during the Promotion Period to be eligible to win a prize.
3. How to Enter. To enter at any time during the Promotion Period, just visit the link provided in the “Cash in on Your Homes.com Story!” email. Then complete your information on the entry form to be entered to win. Only one (1) entry per person during the Promotion Period. Entries become the property of Sponsor. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the registrant or player. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. All Entries (including all material embodied therein) submitted to Sponsor shall automatically become the sole and exclusive property of Sponsor immediately upon submission.
4. Prize: One (1) grand prize winner will receive one (1) two hundred and fifty dollar gift card. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received.
5. Winner will be randomly selected by the Homes.com marketing staff. The prize winner will be announced by October 6, 2012 and will be notified by email or other available communication platform by the following day after the relevant drawing. The prize will be awarded within thirty (30) days after winner verification. If a prize notification is returned as undeliverable or if the winner does not respond to the notification within seven (7) calendar days, it will result in disqualification, and the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner in a separate random drawing for the prize. The prize winner may be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within seven (7) days following the date of attempted notification. Prizes are not assignable or transferable, except to a surviving spouse.
The prize is awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose), except that the prize will be subject to its manufacturer’s standard warranty (if any). No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of any prize will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Winner is responsible for all federal, state, local, sales and income taxes associated with receipt and/or use of any prize. Entry and acceptance of any prize constitutes permission to use winner’s name, prize won, business affiliation, hometown and likeness for online posting and promotional purposes without further compensation, except where prohibited by law. Unless prohibited by law, winner will be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility, liability release, publicity release, tax forms, and other reasonable documentation provided by Sponsor before being awarded a prize. If winner does not execute such documentation upon request, their prize will be forfeited and the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner. All prizes are guaranteed to be awarded.
6. General: Homes.com and Dominion Enterprises will not be responsible for late, lost, illegible, incomplete, damaged or misdirected entries and accepts no responsibility for any injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from an entrant’s participation in the Promotion. By entering the Promotion, each entrant agrees to these Official Rules and waives and releases Sponsor and Sponsor’s parents, subsidiaries, and affiliated companies, and all other businesses involved in this Promotion, as well as the employees, officers, directors and agents of each, from, all claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Promotion or delivery, mis-delivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use the prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory. Sponsor reserves the right to amend these Official Rules or to terminate this Promotion. Any provision of these Official Rules deemed unenforceable will be enforced to the extent permissible, and the remainder of these Official Rules will remain in effect. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of any Promotion materials, administration of the Promotion or in the announcement of any prize. The Promotion and these Official Rules will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia. Any dispute with respect to this Promotion will be resolved in either the federal or state courts located in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. Neither Sponsor nor any other Releasee shall be responsible for non-conforming, lost, late, stolen, misdirected, illegible, or incomplete entries. Neither Sponsor nor any other Releasee shall be responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Sponsor, Releasees, Entrants, tampering, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion, and neither Sponsor nor any Releasee shall assume responsibility for any error, omission, defect, theft, destruction, or unauthorized access to the materials related to the Contest, or for any damage to the Entrant’s computer related to or resulting from participating in the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any individual found to be tampering with the entry process, the voting process, or the operation of the Promotion; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner; or with intent or apparent intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, embarrass, harm, or harass, in any way, any other person. If for any reason the Promotion is not capable of running as planned by reason of, but not limited to, business or market circumstances, force majeure, public health concerns, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, or any other causes which, Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion, deems could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Promotion or any portion thereof by posting a notice on the websites. If the Promotion or any portion of the Promotion is terminated before the end of the Promotion Period or the Voting Period, Sponsor will select winner from all eligible entries received as of the termination date of the Promotion. All prizes are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement.
7. Winner List; Rules Request: For a winner list, send a self-addressed, stamped, business-size envelope after October 6, 2012 to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: Contest Rules Request (Amber Alcaraz). Residents of WA and VT may omit return postage. Sponsor: Homes.com 150 Granby Street, 16th Floor, Norfolk, VA 23510. Confidentiality: By entering, you may be contacted by Sponsor with future promotional offers.