Asking questions is a great and fun way to encourage engagement on your website. According to the REAL Trends 2013 Online Performance Study, polls and quizzes were the second most interacted with category of social posts for REALTORS®. Using Google Forms and the Homes Connect dashboard, you can add a fun interactive survey to your website that could even generate new leads. Here are the steps to get started:
- Think of an interesting multiple choice question
- Go to the Google Drive (you will need a Google account if you don’t have one already)
- Click Create and select Form
- Add your question and answers
- Add a Question for email address
- Under the Share Tab find the embed code (the best width for posting on Homes Connect is 660; see example below)
- Paste the embed code into the HTML edit box on your webpage
Use this as an opportunity to gain valuable market insight or to just light-hearted polls to gain consumer feedback regarding their home search or favorite home amenity. If you plan to use the surveys to capture leads and send them newsletters or follow up emails you will need to add either a disclaimer to the survey or an opt-in question like “I want to receive local market newsletters”.
For tips on how to add survey content or customize your Homes Connect website, watch the step by step video below.