Don’t waste hours trying to come up with new topics for your social channels and blog! We’ve compiled a list of ideas you can expand upon for every month of the year. Find December’s topics below to get started or click on any month for additional ideas!
*Tip: Don’t fall into the same old content patterns. Use a mix of text, links, images, videos, gifs, and downloads to keep your pages fresh.
Holidays and Occasions
December is packed full of holidays and occasions. Some of the winter holidays you can create content around include Hanukkah (Beginning Dec. 3), Winter Solstice (Dec. 21), Boxing Day (Dec. 26th), Kwanzaa (Beginning Dec. 26th), and New Year’s Eve (Dec. 31). Here are some other things happening this December and some content ideas you can create around them.
- Winter – December 21st to March 20th
- Stove-top potpourri recipes
- Tips to keep your home warm
- Seasonal activities/venues near you
- National Roof over Your Head Day – December 3rd
- Share the location of local Christmas Giving Tree
- Let people know what supplies local shelters currently need
- Share what you’re doing with #RoofOverYourHeadDay
- Poinsettia Day – December 12th
- How to grow a poinsettia
- Discuss the language of flowers
- The origins of poinsettia day
- Christmas – December 25th
- DIY Christmas card ideas
- Where to get different kinds of Christmas trees
- Restaurants open on Christmas
Holiday content is great, but be sure to mix in plenty of general-interest topics to keep your content well rounded. Here are some topics that may be popular in December.
- How to install laminate flooring
- How to paint a room
- Highly rated pest control companies
- How to set a goal and follow through
- Time management
- Basic drywall repair
- Replacing a showerhead
As a real estate professional it’s important for you to discuss real estate topics on your blog and social networks. Some topics that may appeal to your audience include:
- Your area’s real estate market annual review
- Explain fair housing
- Review popular real estate portals
- Explain shared equity mortgages
- How to prepare your home for sale
- Popular buyer/seller contract contingencies
- Winter moving tips
We hope some of these ideas are helpful and make it easier to reach your content-creation goals! If you need more help or just don’t have the time to build your online presence, check out Homes.com Social Fuel to start connecting with buyers and sellers.