Consistently generating new leads is one of the most important tasks real estate agents must master to be successful. Most experts recommend nurturing at least 3-5 different lead sources to fuel your business. Here are ten lead sources you should explore for the new year that may help you reach your business goals.
- Direct mail – A successful direct mail campaign depends on having a targeted list and a steady stream of mailings.
- Social media marketing – Social media is a lead source unlike any other. Creating a content strategy is crucial if you hope to generate leads..
- Expired listings – Instead of approaching these prospects with all the reasons they should hire you, explain why their home didn’t sell the first time around and how your strategy solves the problem.
- For sale by owner – Be patient and provide enough information and value to be helpful so that when they decide to hire an agent, they’ll think of you.
- Referrals – To maximize your referrals, ask for them throughout the sales process. If a prospect isn’t ready to buy or sell, ask them if they know anyone who is.
- Past clients – The key is getting your clients to think of you as their real estate agent. That way, when the time comes and they’re ready to sell their home, they know exactly who they are going to call.
- Clients of agents who left the firm – Your association with a departed agent gives you the foot in the door you need to build a relationship with past clients of retired agents.
- Lender business – Build mutual partnerships with lenders in which you add them to your list of recommended lenders if they agree to recommend you as a real estate agent.
- Sign level strategy – Get leads from your signs by including instructions to access the property flyer online. Include a simple lead capture form requesting the person’s name, number, and email address.
- Homeowners’ associations – Advertising with or participating in the HOA can often get you access to the newsletter’s entire mailing list and help brand you as that neighborhood’s agent.
There are a lot of ways to generate leads. One of the best is by subscribing to Homes.com. Learn how our zip code ads can help put you in touch with active buyers and sellers in your neighborhood.